Introducing the Misfit Shine Swimmer’s Edition powered by Speedo, the first fitness tracker aimed at swimmers. This Misfit has been designed to accurately track your swimming and it also functions out of the water to track your everyday activities as well as your sleep patterns. The Misfit Shine Swimmer’s Edition is made out of durable aircraft-grade anodized aluminium which is a unique pale silver colour known as Pure.
- It is waterproof and can be used up to a depth of 50 meters.
- Interchangeable bands - Comes in a white strap and silver colour combination called “Pure” that is exclusive to the Misfit Shine Swimmer’s Edition and also a black sport band and a clasp, with other additional accessories available to buy online.
- The Swimmer’s Edition has the exclusive feature of tracking your swimming by counting your laps.
- The embedded proprietary lap-counting algorithm has been validated by Speedo in-pool testing with elite athletes and researchers.
- The device records your swimming, walking, running and all other exercise activities as well as automatically tracking your sleep patterns.
- Sync wirelessly via Bluetooth on your iOS or Android phone using the Misfit app. It now syncs with the Speedo Fit App.
- The Misfit Shine Swimmer’s Edition, powered by Speedo, is extremely thin and small making it comfortable to wear both in and out of the water.
- 12 LED lights appear on the device which displays the time as well as your progress towards your daily activity goals.
- No charging is required due to an inbuilt battery which lasts up to 6 months.
- We recommend that you use the included Action Clip to ensure that your Shine stays securely attached to the wrist strap. The Action Clip can be found within the inner sleeve of the Shine packaging.
What makes this product special?
Here are a few attributes that make this product unique:
- It has a special feature that means that you can track your lap count.
- You can use it up to a water depth of 50 meters.
- Speedo aided the technology development to ensure accurate lap counting.
- Aside from swimming, it tracks all your daily activities such as walking, running and even your sleep patterns.
- You don’t need to charge it.
- You can wear it anywhere on your body; using a selection of straps (leather strap not recommended to wear in the water), clasps or necklaces.
- It’s the thinnest fitness tracker out there – just 8.6 mm thin and 3.3mm thin at the edges.
Does the Misfit Shine swimmers edition look different?
The design itself will stay the same as other Misfit devices; however we are offering the Misfit Shine Swimmer's Edition in a brand new colour called Pure, an exclusive combination of silver and white.
How does it work?
A 3-axis accelerometer is used; this gathers data on movement in three different directions, a certain amount of times per second. Proprietary algorithms, developed by both Speedo and Misfit, take this data and turn it into readable and understandable information on the Misfit app.
How do I use it/set it up?
To set up your Misfit Shine Swimmer’s Edition you need to first download the Misfit app onto to your phone or tablet and then register an account, you will automatically be taken through the steps to track your activity, set goals and visualise your progress.
There are some useful online videos that you can watch to learn how to:
1) Change battery and check serial number: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qItadcEPqPc
2) View the time and your progress: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2BeLR3SiGA
How do I sync?
You will first need to download the Misfit app onto your phone and turn on your Bluetooth; you will also need to be connected to Wi-Fi in order to sync data from your device. Note that the Misfit Shine Swimmer’s Edition can only be linked to one Misfit account at a time; this is in order to protect device ownership.
What does the device come with?
The device comes in a white and silver colour strap combination called “Pure” that is exclusive to the Misfit Shine Swimmer’s Edition and also a black sport band and a clasp, with other additional accessories available to buy online.
Is there another Misfit Shine that counts laps?
At the moment it is only the Misfit Shine Swimmer’s Edition powered by Speedo, which features lap counting.
Why have Misfit and Speedo collaborated?
Misfit Shine has always been popular with swimmers due to it being waterproof. Swimming for fitness is a growing trend, so it felt like a great time to partner and develop a fitness tracker that automatically counts laps, is aimed at swimmers and can also transition well to life out of the water.
Is swimming good for my fitness?
Swimming is great for your health and fitness. The latest Sports and Fitness Industry Association (SIFA) research shows that swimming is the fastest fitness trend. For more information on the health and benefits of swimming, check out the statistics on the CDC website:
When and where can I buy this product?
From the 1st September the Misfit Shine Swimmer’s Edition, powered by Speedo will be available in Apple stores worldwide, as well as online at misfit.com, speedostore.com, and Speedo UK stores.
What is the warranty period and who is this with?
To ensure that your Misfit Shine Swimmer’s Edition is authentic and is protected under warranty you must ensure that you buy it either from Speedo, Misfit, Apple or an authorised 3rd party retailer. The warranty policy warrants the device against defects in the materials and workmanship under normal consumer use for the period of one year from the date of retail purchase by the original buyer. Please note that the warranty period for additional accessories is only 90 days.
For more information about our warranty please check out the full warranty policy at www.misfit.com/legal/warranty_policy
Where can I go for technical support?
The Speedo EU online store only delivers within the European Union.
• European Standard Delivery €6.95
Delivery within seven (7) working days after despatch.
• European Express Delivery €16.95
Delivery within one (1) to three (3) working days after despatch based on orders received by 17:30pm (GMT / BST) the previous day
For more details please visit Delivery & Returns.
You may return/exchange new, unworn or unused products within thirty (30) days of delivery for a full refund/exchange of the cost of the goods. We advise customers to return items in their original packaging to ensure products remain undamaged in transit and where relevant, with their original hygiene slips in place.
We reserve the right to reject the returns of goods which are not returned in accordance with our Returns Policy and we may request that you pay for the shipping of such goods back to you. Our returns policy does not affect your statutory rights.
Please note that these return guidelines only apply to products purchased on the Website. We cannot accept returns of product purchased elsewhere.
Please see our Returns Policy for full details.